Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Food Hunting in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia

20th November 2019 (Wednesday)

My flight to Manila was at 6:55 p.m. I planned to leave for the airport at about 3:30 p.m. and I would have to check out from the hostel by 12:00 noon. I would not want to sweat after check-out, hence I would not be exploring more of Kota Kinabalu this morning.

Just after 8:00 a.m., I went out to look for breakfast. I wanted to taste more of Sabah's Chinese food. When I saw Soon Fatt, I went to order my breakfast. I asked the waitress what were available. As usual, the dishes she mentioned were very alien to me. I did not know what they were and agreed to her recommendations.






After breakfast, I went to explore the street where I had not been the day before. I ended up at Shangri-la Hotel where I stayed 16 years ago. From there, I found Ang King Lam Coffee Shop. Only then did I realised I was having my breakfast at this famous coffee shop the day earlier. Since I was still full, I went back to the hostel for a rest.




I then went out to look for Sang Nyuk noodle. CTT told me that Sabah was famous for this noodle. On the internet, I read that Kedai Kopi Kim Hing Lee was the first coffee shop in Kota Kinabalu serving this dish. It was located at Sinsuran Complex, an area with rows of shop-houses instead of a single building complex as we would normally imagined. I went in search of it and found it.







After my mid-morning noodle, I went back to the hostel to pack before checking out at 12 noon. I wanted to have another taste of Sabah before departing. Since I had checked out, I did not want to sweat. I opted to go back to Ang King Lam Coffee Shop since it was a short walk away only. I could see the beautiful chick again. The other noodle stall was closed and I ordered Sau Nyuk noodle again. Instead of being served by the friendly girl yesterday, I was served by another waitress.



Back at the hostel, I sat at the lobby to bid for time. I went on the internet and just relax in the air-conditioned lobby. When the time came, I called a Maxim car to the airport. It was just RM8, a Ringgit cheaper than a Grab car.

No comments:

Post a Comment