Monday, April 30, 2012

Chinatown Again, Kuala Lumpur

20th - 21st March 2012

In Kuala Lumpur Chinatown, I stayed at a cheap hotel very close to Petaling Street. This time, I would be looking for food which I had not had during my last visit about three weeks earlier.

Right at the entrance of the hotel where I was staying was a hawker stall. I had my first breakfast here of, well, as usual, the Tua Pau (big pork bun).


Later, I called my friend in Sibu for the eatery where he said has the hottest and spiciest sting ray that he ever had. However, it would only open in the evening. He then recommended beef noodles at a very famous shop which he said lies opposite Kota Raya Supermarket and is beside Hong Leong Bank. I found it and it was called Shin Kee Beef Noodles. However, it would open late, not early enough for breakfast.


I went to explore the streets and found another self-proclaimed famous eatery. There were a lot of patrons there and I decided to go in to try the rice porridge for my second breakfast.



After that, I went to visit the Central Market. About two decades ago, it was a market but since then, it has been turned into a market selling hawker fares. It is known as Pasar Seni in Malay.





Since the hotel check-out time was 12:00 noon, I decided to go for an early lunch at Shin Kee Beef Noodles. It was already 11:20 a.m. A table has already been taken. Just after I sat down, another two groups came inside the small restaurant. The noodles was really good.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment