Monday, October 14, 2013

12 Hours in Singapore

27th May 2013 (Monday)

Like in the previous return trip to Port Moresby, I took the first plane out of Sibu to Singapore via Kuching. This time, my plan was to visit Marina Bay again in order to complete my walk around Marina Bay promenade. I did not complete the last walk six months ago because of rain.

From Changi Airport MRT Station at Terminal 2, I took the MRT to Bugis Junction where I had lunch of Laksa at Tong Seng Coffee Shop. From there, I went to Marina Bay MRT Station and then walked to the bay. At the promenade, I decided to take the left path to Merlion, then to Double Helix and finally to Marina Bay Sands before going to Chinatown for dinner.












I noticed a MRT station at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands on the Bayfront side. It did not have a name yet but everything seemed completed. There were also no passengers coming and going. Close to the Marina Bay Sands is the Bayfront MRT Station. I didn't know that the Bayfront MRT Station was closer to the promenade compared to Marina Bay MRT Station.

If I had known that, I would have taken the MRT Circular Line to come to the promenade. Since my visit to Marina Bay ended here, I took the Circular Line at Bayfront MRT Station to Dhoby Ghaut Interchange, before taking the North-East Line to Chinatown.

At Chinatown MRT Station, I exited from C Entrance, thinking that was the exit I took six months ago. I was wrong, but right there was People's Park Complex with two food stands in front. I could not be more pleased than this. I read that there were many food stalls in Chinatown but did not find them the last time. It seemed that I took the wrong exit the last time but this time, I was right on track. Next to it was the Chinatown Food Court.

There were too many choices that I did not know where to stop for some tasty food. When I saw Fuzhou Fishball Soup, I knew this would be it. I ordered the fishball soup with noodles, costing me SGD4.50.









No comments:

Post a Comment