Saturday, February 2, 2019

Day 8: Kuromon Ichiba Market, Osaka

25th October 2018 (Thursday)

Today, from Tenjinbashi-suji 6-Chome Station, I would be taking the brown Sakaisuji Line to Nipponbashi Stn (K17), Exit 10 instead of taking the Tanimachi Purple Line to Higashi-Umeda Station. Kuromon Ichiba Market is a short walk away.

I did not have much to look forward since Kuromon was not that famous. Once I was done with it, I would have nowhere else to go in Osaka.











However, when I saw those big crab legs and the large prawns and all the fresh seafood, I fell in love with this place. It has more to offer than Dotonbori, where every second vendor seemed to be selling Takoyaki.

All those tempting seafood and Kobe beef seemed out of reach for me. They were too expensive. I was torn between spending the money or forever regret not trying out the expensive Kobe beef and giant crab. In the end, I went for the more affordable food.













By the time I left Kuromon, I have decided that I would come back the next morning to try Kobe beef. Tomorrow would be the last opportunity I have before I leave Japan for good.


After leaving Kuromon, I decided to walk to Dotonbori, since it was not far away. There, I had my Ichiran Ramen again, which was fabulously good, but at a different restaurant. 








No comments:

Post a Comment