Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wuhou Ci and Jinli Street, Chengdu

Late Afternoon, Day 2 (23 October 2012)

I caught the taxi to Jinli Street at the side entrance of Xinanmen Bus Station. The taxi fare was RMB13.

As I arrived, I was dropped off just outside the entrance of Wuhou Ci but I thought that was the entrance to Jinli Street. I saw people turned away at the entrance and decided to buy a ticket. If I had known that this was Wuhou Ci entrance, I might not have bothered with the ticket. That's the handicap of not knowing Mandarin.

Just as I stepped into Wuhou Ci at 4:30 p.m, I received a call from Y. She told me we would meet for hotpot. Her nephew would fetch me in a car at 6:30 p.m. and she asked me whether I could make it. My answer was in the affirmative and I was thinking that I needed to hurry up to finish both Wuhou Ci and Jinli Street.











Wuhou Ci was just a small place and I was soon at Jinli Street, after exiting from a side entrance to Wuhou Ci. Jinli Street is neat looking but looked too modern, like West Street at Yangshuo.










By 6:00 p.m., I was done with Jinli Street, with the aid of my Garmin to navigate through the maze of streets there.


No comments:

Post a Comment