Monday, December 25, 2017

Luang Prabang Morning Market

Day 2 (11 Nov 2017) Saturday

It was not even 6:15 a.m. when I decided to leave the Alms Giving street. It was too early to look for the boat to Pak Ou, which was my intended destination today. The morning market was another place I wanted to go while in Luang Prabang itself.


I did not have a clear idea on where the morning market was. The OpenStreetMap (OSM) map which I used to plan my waypoints and route back in PNG was not clear about it. I just had a general direction to the market. Initially, my Garmin eTrex 20x, using the OSM map, indicated the direction to take was from Sisavangvong Road to Ounheuan Road. Half-way on Ounheuan Rd, the gps indicated it was the wrong direction.



I walked back to Sisavangvong Road. The gps direction continued along Sisavangvong Road, taking a right turn when there was no street in sight, but through Luang Prabang National Museum. I continued walking along Sisavangvong Road. 

At the next intersection of Sisavangvong Road/ Sathoutan Road, I turned right. At the same time, a girl who looked like she was going to the market turned towards Sathoutan Road. In the distant, I saw the tell-tale vehicles parked along the road. I was very sure I was on track.


























No comments:

Post a Comment