Sunday, December 31, 2017

Exploring Luang Prabang

Day 2 (11 Nov 2017) Saturday


Having abandoned the plan to visit Pak Ou Caves today as I had missed the public boat, I decided to explore Luang Prabang, which I originally planned to do on the third day of my trip.

I started from the National Museum.










From the National Museum, I decided to explore Sisavangvong Road-Sakkaline Road all the way to the tip of the peninsular. Earlier in the morning, I had explored Chunkham Road to Souvanhnakhamphong Road to all the way to the tip of the peninsular while looking for the public boat to Pak Ou Caves. I put on my Sony Action Cam and took off.


There were no temples at Sisavangvong Rd after the National Museum as both sides of the road were occupied by shop-houses.








Temples were lined along Sakkaline Road all the way to the tip of the peninsular.














From the tip of the peninsular, I walked to Kingkitsarath Road, met with a pair of Italian girls, crossed the seasonal bamboo bridge after paying KIP5,000 before reaching the Open Air Market for lunch and ending the day. It was the longest walk I ever had, except maybe for the trek in Jiuzhaigou, without resting for a total length of almost 16 km since leaving the hostel at 5:30 a.m. in the morning.













After lunch, I walked back to Khammany Hotel. Before that, I dropped by a mini-market to buy packets of Lao coffee for friends - 250g per packet for KIP40,000 each.





No comments:

Post a Comment