Friday, December 21, 2018

Day 2: Kiyomizu-dera Temple, Sannen-zaka, Ninen-zaka and Yasaka Pagoda

19th October 2018 (Friday)


After coming back from Fushimi Inari, I went for lunch again at Ramen Restaurants on the 10th Floor (or 9th floor in British English) of Kyoto Station. I would be going to Kiyomizu-dera Temple and Yasaka Pagoda, both of which are close to the guesthouse where I was putting up, Kyoto Guesthouse Lantern in Gion later.

Taking Raku Bus no. 100 and using my ICOCA card to pay for the fare was straight forward. Although I initially planned to alight at Kiyomizu-michi bus stop, I realised while on the way that most passengers would very likely disembark at the first bus stop close to Kiyomizu-dera Temple, which was Gojozaka bus stop instead of Kiyomizu-michi bus stop which was a little further down the road. Both were equal-distant to Kiyomizu-dera Temple.

From Gojozaka bus stop, an easy way of getting to Kiyomizu-dera Temple was to follow the crowd of visitors. If you happen to be the only visitor and there is no crowd to follow, do not panic. There is a big blue sign board showing the direction to Kiyomizu-dera Temple. Look out for other direction signs too.















































From Kiyomizu-dera, my itinerary for the later part of the afternoon was to walk to Sannen-zaka and Ninen-zaka and onwards to Nishiki Market before returning to my guesthouse. After taking a rest, I would go to Yasaka Pagoda in the evening to take some nice photographs of the pagoda. 

However, my stroll along Ninen-zaka led me to Yasaka Pagoda. The Pagoda was quite beautiful but unfortunately, there was no vantage point to shoot some nice photographs of the pagoda. I would come back again after dark with the hope that I could capture some nice photographs like those that I have seen on the internet.



















As I left Yasaka Pagoda, I decided to return to my guesthouse which was close by. I could take a bath and take a short rest before proceeding to Nishiki Market. On reaching the guesthouse, I found the guesthouse door locked. I thought the strict check-in rule applies only to capsule hostels where customers must check-out and recheck-in again at the specific check-in hours. Kyoto Guesthouse Lantern in Gion did not specify such a rule on its website. The Taiwanese Japanese owner was enforcing this check-in rule without its customers being made aware about it. I had not checked out yet, and therefore, there was no recheck-in either.  I should be able to return to the guesthouse anytime but couldn't. It was only 2:10 p.m. and the hostel would probably open at 4:00 p.m. only. I needed to take a pee!! Where should I go to take a pee?!



No comments:

Post a Comment