Monday, November 4, 2019

Wulingyuan Bus Station ... to Zhangjiajie National Forest Park Entrance

Wulingyuan Bus Station served as the starting point to Zhangjiaje National Forest Park (Sēnlín Gōngyuán) gate, the other entrance to the park. It was also the station to catch the bus to Grand Canyon Glass Bridge.

For someone like me who does not read Chinese, I was confused as to where was Wulingyuan Bus Station. When I arrived in Wulingyuan, the bus did not stop at the rear of the station as was the normal practice. Instead, it stopped at a bus stop before moving away again. Nearby was an open area with big buses parked. As I explored the town that evening, I saw groups of buses parked at several locations. Which was the bus station to catch the bus back to Zhangjiajie City?  I was worried.

On the second night, I used a photo of the bus station which I had downloaded from the internet. Using the similarities with this photo as I walked past Wulingyuan Bus Station, and looking through the station glass door and seeing rows of chairs, I concluded that indeed this was Wulingyuan Bus Station (N29° 21.163' E110° 32.453'). If you were confused like me, look out for the clock tower which served as Wulingyuan Bus Station landmark.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment