Saturday, June 30, 2012

Death

Bobby Farrel of Boney M
First, it was Bobby. Bobby Farrell was 61 when he passed on. I was a teenager when Boney M came on stage and they were one of the hottest singing sensation then.

Boney M is one of my favorite music groups, along side Abba and Bee Gees, and I can still remember the songs which captivated me in my teen after three decades. They were a colourful foursome, producing beautiful music.

I listened to "El Lute" over and over again in my early teen when it was played over the airwaves. It was one of the first songs that captivated my heart. Then, there was River of Babylon, which I used to hum to the lyrics. Later, there was "Rasputin" and finally, the last song that captivated me over the airwaves was "We Kill the World" when I heard it over the radio at my boarding school.

And, how could I forget the song "Sad Movies", which brought back nostalgic memory of my first visit to Sematan for many years after the visit. The last song that I acquired was the Boney M version of "Sad Movies" on Youtube last year before I came to PNG.

Donna Summers
Her song that caught my attention was "She Works Hard for the Money" back in the early 80's.It was a great song. At 63, she has gone to meet her Maker.

Robin Gibb of Bee Gees
His younger brother, Andy Gibb died in 1988 when he was only 30 years old. Now, Robin Gibb is dead and he was only 62. He was a member of Bee Gees with two other brothers. The group brought us hits such as "Saturday Night Fever" in the 1980s.

They are dead. More will die in coming years. Fame and wealth will not stop death. Their time had come. We too will be meeting our maker, at different time. Time really flies. In a few years, I will be gone too, leaving behind this world. Here today and gone tomorrow. Nobody lives forever. Enjoy life while you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment