Thursday, October 17, 2019

Hunan Food - Changsha

1 MYR = RMB1.6461;
1 RMB = MYR0.6075


On the first morning after arriving in Changsha, I found a dumpling shop just next to my hostel, 7Days Inn Changsha Railway Station Metro Station. It was so good that I purchased another tray to be taken away for my onward journey to Wulingyuan via Zhangjiajie City.



After I returned to Changsha from Fenghuang, I took the subway from Furong Square Station to Wuyi Square Station on my way to Huangxing Square. Wuyi Square Station has a very big underground shopping mall with many food stalls. Since it was dinner time, I went to look for something appetising. None appealed to me and I settled for the boring noodle soup.



At Huangxing Square, I was quite disappointed. I had expected more food shops here. Nothing appealed to me. As I made my way home, I saw Ngo Hiong/ Lorbak (Chinese pork rolls). I must have it. The coordinates of the stall was N28° 11.572' E112° 58.254'.



She was quite a looker. Honestly, I think she could have been a model in her younger days.

Not far away from the Ngo Hiong stall, I looked into a shop. There were many stalls inside the shop and was very crowded. That was how I discovered the first food street (N28° 11.594' E112° 58.248'). Within the food 'street', only Hunan sausage attracted my attention.

Maybe, it should be called a food court











On the following morning, I went in search of Pozi Jie (Road) since it was known for its street food. However, the coordinates given in Google Map and OSM Map were different (the coordinates in Goodle Map has since be corrected). While on the way to the supposedly Pozi Jie, I made a detour to a random street to look for breakfast. No eateries were seen until I saw this small shop selling dumpling and steamed buns.


 

I did not fill up my stomach at the small shop as I wanted to leave some belly space for what I might find later. Then, I saw this shop, selling not the usual breakfast fare of rice porridge, noodle soup, dumpling and steamed buns, but some local delicacies.






As I made my way back to my hostel from Huangxing Square, I took another route. At the roundabout on the corner of Huangxing Road/ Zhongshan Road (N28° 12.225' E112° 58.298'), I found a stall selling different barbecued food.






On my final day in Changsha, I took yet another road and walked north to look for breakfast. I was glad I did that because again I found some new delicious street food and not the usual breakfast fares.








Originally, I had thought of catching a taxi to Huanghua International Airport. Since I had many hours to spare and being curious about the maglev train, I decided to take the subway to Changsha South Railway Station. The maglev train station was at the same location. Since I could hardly find pictures of the area surrounding Changsha Maglev Station on the internet, I could only imagine that there would be many eateries there where I could take lunch. I was wrong. The maglev train station was in a newly developed area, which was quite isolated. The maglev station did have some restaurants. Some only! There was only one decent restaurant for lunch and it was expensive. My lunch cost me ¥53.






At Huanghua International Airport, there were few eateries at the arrival floor and departure floor. However, there were many restaurants at the basement but they were mostly empty when I was there. As I explored the basement, I saw this empty shop selling steamed bun.



There was a decent restaurant with many patrons at Huanghua International Airport departure floor. Ordering and paying of food was similar to the set up as the restaurant where I had lunch at Changsha Maglev Station. It was very expensive and cost me ¥104.









No comments:

Post a Comment