Friday, October 11, 2019

Hunan Food - Fenghuang/ Phoenix Ancient City

1 MYR = RMB1.6461;
1 RMB = MYR0.6075


I arrived in Fenghuang at about 1:00 p.m. By the time I got into Fleeting Night Hostel, it was about 1:40 p.m. When I went out to look for lunch, food stalls had already closed or were on the verge of closing.

That evening, I was not sure where I should be going for dinner. As I crossed Hongqiao Bridge to the south, I decided that I would just walk along Hongqiao (Mid) Road and see what were on offer.

The owner was touting potential customers. I obliged. A picture of the Mei Cai Kou Rou was displayed on the wall inside the restaurant. I pointed to the picture for my order.







Early the next morning, I strolled north from the hostel. In front of this shop, food was steaming. I entered and ordered noodle soup. I then decided to order Baozi (steamed bun) while waiting for the noodle to be ready.






After visiting the square with the Phoenix Statue, I exited through West Gate. It led to the market and near it I found the most incredible food in Fenghuang. Fried Baozi and Guotie (pot sticker). It was so good that I decided to walk a total of two kilometers the next morning to get my fix of the Baozi and Guotie before leaving for Changsha.









I decided to walk further north outside the touristy area for lunch on my second day in Fenghuang. At the boundary of the touristy area, I had my meal at a restaurant there after the owner asked me to go into her shop.









I had no more appetite for Fenghuang food. I did not know where to go for dinner when I decided to give Chinese KFC another chance. KFC food in Kunming, Yunnan Province was a disappointment.






No comments:

Post a Comment