Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Day 2: Dongdamen Night Market, Hualien

19 April 2018 (Thursday)

After getting back to Hualien bus station from Taroko National Park, I went to get my baggage from the train station baggage room. From there, I took a taxi to Phoenix Hostel where I was putting up for the night. The taxi stopped in front of a building and I was told that we have arrived.

After stepping out from the taxi, I looked around for the hostel. There was no signage with Phoenix Hostel on it. 

I was confused. I went over to the shop opposite the road. I showed the shop proprietor my hostel booking confirmation slip. She looked at it and pointed back to the building where I came from. I walked back to the building. There was no one around or anything that indicated that it was a hostel. At the same time, she called out to someone in the restaurant next door. A young lady walked over to the side where I was waiting. It was an adjoining room. The young lady opened the door and checked me in.

After taking my shower in the common shower room, I left the hostel to go to Dongdamen Night Market. It was drizzling. I had no umbrella.

I went back to my room. I could not allow the light drizzle to stop me from going. I have only one night here and if I did not go, I would miss my chance and regretted it later. I decided to go, hoping that the light drizzle would not turn into a torrent.

With the aid of my Garmin eTrex, I found where Dongdamen (N23.97299° E121.61218°) would be. From afar, I could see light emanating from what looked like tents. I walked over. Indeed, it was Dongdamen Night Market.



















No comments:

Post a Comment