Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Japanese Food - 7 Eleven, FamilyMart and Lawson in Kyoto

¥100 = RM3.80

Convenience stores are everywhere. It was at the corner of the street at my first ryokan (7-11). It was beside the second guesthouse where I stayed (FamilyMart). You can't miss them. They are the places to go to for breakfast food. The most common ones are 7-11, FamilyMart and Lawson. I love the Korokke (croquette) at Lawson near Kyoto Station. Unfortunately, I did not have a photo of the Korokke. Right now, I am craving for it.

After paying for your food, the store cashier would normally ask you something in Japanese and you could be sure that she was asking you whether you wanted to have the food warmed up. Just nod your head. If she did not say anything, then just ask her to heat it up, and point to the microwave oven.

7-11 at the corner of the street near Kyoto Guesthouse Lantern in Gion where I was staying
Steamer for the Nikuman (steamed buns)
Nikuman (steamed bun) from 7-11. Tasted good. Better than those in Taipei. Rated 7/10



The sausage was not as tasty as the sausage from PNG or those from Taiwan, both of which I would give 8/10. I would give this Japanese sausage 6/10
Fried chicken on a skewer. Tasted ok. Tender and juicy. 7/10

Gyoza from 7/11. It was heated up in a microwave oven and turned soft. The taste was ok. 6/10


Bento noodle from 7/11. It was micro-waved. ¥398 The taste was good. 7/10
Korokke. I would rate most korokke 7-8/10
Another Nikuman
Staying at Daiya Ryokan, I would pass by this Lawson store on my way to Kyoto Station. It was here that I tasted the best Korokke ever. So tasty
FamilyMart besides Daiya Ryokan, where I was staying

Bento rice

Onigiri. Tasted ok. 6/10
Oden being boiled at FamilyMart beside my guesthouse

Oden are always simple looking but delicious. 8/10

Another version of Nikuman - with Sichuan spices. 6/10

Juicy, juicy chicken. Tender. Very good. 8/10

There was no English translation of the food and the result of buying food by pointing finger was this fried fish fillet. It was ok. 6/10

Buying food by pointing finger. A disastrous choice. The texture was firm. Tasted like canned hot dog, but firmer texture. 4/10
Nikuman, which I tasted a few varieties, were generally ok. No better nor worse than Sibu version. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment