Thursday, May 9, 2019

Japanese Food - Nishiki Market, Fushimi Inari, Arashiyama

¥100 = RM3.80

Nishiki Market, Kyoto
Nishiki Market was one of the must-go streets for food. However, I found that the ratio of ready-to-eat food against other stuff was a little too low. I arrived there in the later part of the afternoon.




Tamagoyaki. Taste like plain omelette. What else do you expect? Rated 5/10



This piece of fritter tasted good. ¥180. Rated 8/10



Fushimi Inari Shrine, Kyoto
I didn't expect to find food stalls at Fushimi Inari, as I did not read about it before flying to Japan. In any case, there were not many food stalls around.








The stall advertised the beef as Wagyu Steak
It was tough and chewy. Not worth the ¥500. Tasted ok but texture was a definite no. Rated 3/10


It looked prettier than it tasted. ¥500. I have great expectation of Japanese food and was disappointed with the taste. Nevertheless, it was still worth 6/10
Arashiyama, Kyoto
There were restaurants, souvenir shops and other businesses at Togetsu Bridge northern end. The northern end is also where JR Saga-Arashiyama Station is located.


The restaurant is on the first floor (2nd floor in American English)




It was fried fish. I didn't know that. I have no idea what this dish was called. With a raw egg in the rice, it was quite tasty. At ¥1,620, it was the most expensive meal I had. I would rate it 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment