Thursday, May 23, 2019

Japanese Food - Osaka Kuromon Ichiba Market

¥100 = RM3.80

Osaka:
Kuromon Ichiba Market

 


I thought Kuromon was like other food streets such as Nishiki, Dotonbori, etc. I was wrong. The concentration of sea food and ready-to-eat food stalls were much higher here than other streets. In fact, I came back the second/ last morning.

Sushi and sashimi lovers, including sea food lovers will like it here.



















Inside Unagi restaurant

The accompanying soup, in the few establishments that I had them, was terrible
On the street, you could have Unagi (eel) on skewers. The Unagi was tender and sweet (from the sauce), similar in taste to the Gyudon (beef bowl) and Taiwanese Lu Rou Fan. 8/10

The Okonomiyaki stall


Okonomiyaki (pancake) is a popular food in Japan. It was just so-so, nothing to crave for. 6/10






I was curious to know what was so good about the marbled Kobe beef. The best cut was ¥4,500 for 100g. There were 3 slices. It was lightly grilled and seasoned with what I presumed to be just salt and pepper only. I was in Seventh Heaven. Indeed, it lives up to its reputation. It was so tender, juicy and a little sweet (from the meat itself?). I would give it a perfect score of 10/10
Scallop stall
Scallop. ¥600 for one scallop. Average taste. 6/10
The juice was really good. After having one, I went for a second. Sweet and really refreshing. 10/10

The finger food stall, including calamari rings

Calamari rings. ¥500. I still prefer the Taiwancese version. The taste was good but the bread crumb crust was  a bit too hard. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment