Saturday, May 14, 2011

Goodbye Guilin

Day 15 (6th April 2011) 

My trip to Guilin was finally coming to an end.

I checked out from the hostel early in the morning and made arrangement with the hostel to call a taxi. I would only need to pay the hostel RMB80. Flagging down a taxi on my own would cost more, between RMB90 - 100. The taxi would arrive for the pick-up at 8:15 a.m.

I had wanted to have a last look at Guilin before leaving. Unfortunately, it was raining. After an early breakfast of Guilin Mifen (Guilin rice noodle) for the last time and buying some steamed bun from the same eatery at a nearby lane, I returned to the hostel to wait for the taxi.


The taxi finally arrived at about 8:25 a.m. It was late as there was a bad traffic jam. Finally, I arrived at the airport at about 9:10 a.m.



There was a small crowd of Malaysian waiting outside the entrance to the check-in hall already. There was no time for photo-taking as originally planned. After checking in and getting the boarding pass, I went straight to the departure hall.









Airasia flight AK103 finally took off from Liangjiang International Airport for KL International Airport at about 11:35 a.m. My Guilin/ Yangshuo trip finally ended.



No comments:

Post a Comment